Wednesday 16 November 2016

Beach Clean Up...

Well in theory it was a beach clean up but I am not sure how much good we did.  Today a group of teachers took the year 9's to clean a near by beach.  They did some picking up and of course we made a bit of a difference.  But then I must admit that I was a little disappointed to see that it had been organised that we then gave each of them a bottle of plastic water and a lunch in a styrofoam container!  I obviously did not organise this bit,  I just do not know they cannot carry their own water bottle and maybe pack a lunch..  I just felt that the whole point was a bit lost.  

 But I do have to admit the beach looked much better.

The other disappointing factor is almost all the waste was left over from the festival I so enjoyed, Loi Ktahong.  We made all our float wish boats out of fish food or safe material but I can see that this is not caught on all over Thailand.   I just get so sad seeing the sea so full of human waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment