Friday 12 June 2015

Email Makes my Year



Yesterday was my last day of classes for the school year, and also my last day of classes in the high school as next year moving to middle school.  Since making the decision I have been back in forth on if it was the right one (made it as want to implement my beloved Challenge by Choice program in grade 8, year 7).  I have definitely gotten attached to my pupils and most I will be sad not to teach them again, but our last classes were a bit anti-climatic and was not sure they noticed.  Then I got this email this morning, which has actually made my entire year.

Ms. Garwood,

Our son, Roberto, constantly raves about his love for your class and I wanted to say "thank you"! I just finish listening to about 20 minutes of him talking about your class and how you make it so interesting and fun to learn. He took another 5 minutes  sharing his regrets you won't be teaching high school next year! You've definitely made an impact on him (actually, he's told me all of his classmates love you) and all of his classmates, which is no small feat!

Even though it isn't much, we want to thank you and tell you how glad you were his teacher! Have an awesome and relaxing summer!

Take care!
Paulette

Sometimes I need reminding how much I do love teaching and the kids I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment