Thursday 13 July 2017

Bikes, Bats and Pups

Yesterday we got on our bikes and cycled the hills to get to a temple on the sea. At first I thought we made a huge mistake, fallen for the tourist trap which I hate! One million people all taking selfies of something they know nothing about just because some book or guide told them too.
 A million people
 I took my picture, was totally unimpressed by the whole thing. Until...

 ...we came upon the most amazing fruit bat just hanging out. I have never seen anything like it, it was massive and


 apparently quite excited to see us!  We spent some time with it and then headed back to blue skies and then went back to play with


 ...Indy. Our neighbours rescued this adorable puppy on the side of the road, looking very rough. If there was anyway I could take him with us I would. I have loved Bali but if we lived here we would end up with a hundred animals, which in fact would be just fine!

A beautiful evening, a beautiful sunset, a perfect end to another perfect day.





No comments:

Post a Comment