Sunday 9 July 2017

Ubud, Bali

Well looks like we left the beach at the right time as it has been overcast and rainy since we got here. Truth be told, I was pretty nervous coming to a city after a beach we loved, Luis kept asking exactly why we were leaving the coast... Well I think he was pleasantly surprised (well I know he was), Ubud is certainly a special place. Even with the clouds and showers we have loved this place. It has a great vibe, and is surrounded by beautiful nature. Today I am guessing we walked 30km (guessing as fit bit is broken again, but also know I am fairly close), it was beautiful. We went out a long the 'ridge' that all are meant too but kept on walking through the rice fields. We then stopped and had the best veggie lunch that I cannot believe I took no pictures of. Our final stop of the day was the monkey temple. Luis was like a ten year old in a candy store but they are pretty amazing creatures albeit a little scary too. You definitely had to keep watch of your stuff as they definitely tried to steal things.



































The most amazing thing we saw here was two baby monkeys climbing trees and doing different flips into a small pond. I could have watched all day, but they eventually got bored of showing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment