Monday 3 July 2017

Cambodian Adventures

We have had such a fantastic time here in Cambodia, the places we have seen have been both amazing and thought provoking.  The people have been so kind and the weather even cooperated with only one or two short showers.  Our next stop, Bali, has loads to live up too.
One of the best parts of the trip was cycling everywhere once again.  Something we loved doing throughout Myanmar.  You get to see so much more, go places that cars cannot, you see so much more of Cambodian life, it costs you a dollar or two and you get a little exercise.
 Yesterday after our traditional rice pancake breakfast we headed off on our mountain bikes to explore Kampot

 We got on a local ferry to take us across the river to start our countryside journey.





 We did a four hour bike ride, got a little lost and had the best day out.  I wish I had more pictures but they are hard to take when you are in mid cycle.  I would have gotten no where if I stopped every two minutes to take one.
Another thing that has been amazing here and shown us exactly what Phuket is in need of is delicious creative veggie restaurants.  Even in the countryside of Kampot Luis spotted this amazing little veggie restaurant.  Everything on the menu looked fabulous, we shared three and they were all super yummy.  This was a spiral veggie spaghetti.  Our only regret is we did not go there on our first day, and that it is closed on Tuesdays.
Final thoughts on Cambodia is that I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Not that I ever thought we would not have a good time but I just loved it that much more.  You can have an excellent holiday on a budget of $10 a day (although I am sure you could spend much more too) and still feel like you are experiencing loads.  It was been great to see the temples here and also to learn more about their history.  I feel like we have gained a lot from our experience here and I am sure we will be back one day.  Now we start our long day of travelling but we are super excited about our next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment