Sunday 2 July 2017

The Greenhouse, Kampot

Yesterday we arrived in our third and final destination in Cambodia, The Greenhouse Kampot.  This place was highly recommended by friends who use to live in Cambodia but I still was unsure we would actually come up until three days before we did.  Mainly as it is meant to be the rainy season here and I was not sure it would be worth it if it poured with rain the whole time.  But as I have discovered it is not really raining at all and the few times it has rained it has been an hour long afternoon shower.  Either way I am so happy we decided to check it out, it is amazing and my only regret is we did not come here for longer.

 We arrived just before lunch and were immediately in awe of the place.

 A quick after lunch swim (now for me as it has been a little warmer, maybe today)



 The River Kampot is just so peaceful and lovely just to sit and watch.
 Our hut
 Our way of coping with hour long down pour

Then we were out on the river exploring by kayak.  We have fallen totally in love with this place and learnt another valuable lesson, always listen to advice of people who have been before you.  We should have had at least one more night here and less in others.  But you live and learn and I am just so happy that we actually came here.

No comments:

Post a Comment