Friday 8 March 2019

Third BISP International Morning

It is marketed as International Day but really it only last till half ten, so it is actually International Morning (and it is great but I do wish it lasted the entire day).    But it was another stunning day, and very hot so maybe just as well it ended in the morning.  Really all I  did all morning was eat and the food is delicious, although I must admit I do hover around the India tent.



Luis and I celebrating all our Nationalities, well all but one (as they have no Nicaraguan flag there).  I do think this day should change though, it causes a lot of people anxiety to choose where they are from.  Some students have only ever been to their 'home' country once or twice and identify as something else, others have parents from different nationalities that want them to be their Nationality etc. etc.   I heard another school does it where everyone learns about a country that they have no attachment too, and wears their National dress etc and learns about that culture, I think a nice idea.  




Either way a nice morning of performances, food and seeing the kids out of the classroom environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment