Friday 15 March 2019

Singapore IBO Conference

Arrived in Singapore last night to start my first Maths conference in quite a few years.   It is going to be a long weekend with the introduction of the new Maths IB course.  I am not sure that initially it will be a popular decision and the changes may face some kick back (but changes normally do).  Either way it is nice to be in Singapore, meet some new people, have a little city time and catch up with some of the Ecua family.  
 Good morning Singapore!
 Nice hotel, chosen by me, actually super close to a lot of things.  So some exploring tonight.
 Some Maths activities, always nice to get ideas from other teachers.
Funnily, I have made loads of connections already. The lady on the right of me (and this picture) is from Yeovil, very near to Bruton (where I use to live, and one of my favourite places).  It will be very long weekend, finishing 4pm on Sunday before racing to the airport to return back to Phuket and school on Monday but I am hoping worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment