Thursday 7 March 2019

New Places

In an attempt to be out of the house and keep a little busy (not watching crap stuff on the tele), the last two evenings we went for dinner at two new places we have been pretty excited about trying.  Suay, a Thai-fusion restaurant that opened up right down the road from us.  They have a sister restaurant in another part of the island and we have heard great feed back.  We went on Wednesday, it is a beautiful place and just so happy a hop skip and a jump away.
This was our starter, vegetable tempura, like nothing I have ever had before.  It was more like leaves, but interesting and tasty.
 Veggie Thai tacos, they were good but I must say I love Mexican so it was always going to be a difficult sell.
 And a treat for me from this wonderful man :)  It was a little on the pricey side, I thought.  Although even as I say that, it sounds ridiculous.  My main was about 8 pounds and Luis's seafood one about 10.  So really not that bad and it was fairly swanky!
 Then last night we went to the new Bowl place that I have been so excited to open.  Not really restaurant but a cafe of sorts.  I had super high hopes and the food was good but was a little disappointed about the use of plastic in a new eatery that certainly is trying to give off an earth friendly vibe.  Might have to mention it next time.

Lola Cola who is perking up a bit.  She is on a big diet now, so hard when she is looking at you like this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment