Saturday 24 September 2016

Planning and Collaborating

Who would have thought two months ago that me and Luis would be sitting around on a Friday night talking teaching, certainly not me!  But yep, that was our Friday night.  I helped Luis make some games for his tutoring classes today and he listened to me bang on about my hatred of setting.  Of course, being back in a British school it is back to the horrible world of setting.  Having being out of it for a while and seeing the huge benefits of scrapping it, it is definitely hard to go back to it.  Anyways, I will just have to do it and try my best to slowly convince people mixed ability is the way forward!
Luis is loving his tutoring and teaching in the school, hoping that I will get in next week to observe a lesson.
 We discussed it all over a ridiculously good curry, it was a very nice break from Thai (not a long break as I just polished off a green curry for lunch!).  But I do think I have found my new favourite restaurant.
We then whipped up a little fun millionaire Spanish game for the kids he tutored this morning.  The French ones loved it, the Russian believed it too easy (he is apparently very clever and a little cocky).  I intend to help Luis make a killer game for their next session.
Today I am marking by the pool as we finally have a sunny day, and it has been ages!  Luis is busy making a ridiculous amount of rice and beans...

No comments:

Post a Comment