Saturday 30 April 2016

Canoa Two Weeks on

I cannot believe it is two weeks on from the earthquake already.  And I am really proud to see people still doing their bit.  I mean it is still very recent but even so other news has started to take over.
I had a friend go down to the Coast this week with a charity organisation and he was able to report that things are progressing.  There are still long ques for water and food but shelters are being made and people are getting started with the clean up.


Our school is still sending trucks and the students are doing a fabulous job with fundraising.  I still have loads of animal supplies being donated and am constantly delivering them to a vet with clinics set up there.  
On a very positive note, the man we were trying to get out from the hotel (where I have now learnt that he was the only survivor) is in hospital here in Quito, doing very well he has lost part of one leg but is strong and positive despite this.
Still no word about Dominica.  

No comments:

Post a Comment