Friday 22 April 2016

Mixed Birthday Feelings

This birthday was definitely not what I had planned.  It is hard to celebrate life when so many people lost theirs around you.  I woke feeling very wobbly and not sure how I was going to respond to all the people wishing me a happy birthday.  But I have a fabulous fiance and group of friends here that were going to ensure I acknowledged it someway.  The whole day I was spoiled with flowers and well wishes. Luis took me for a lovely lunch and then the girls all came over with food, drinks, donations in my name and more flowers.  It was just what I needed, we did not speak about the earthquake and just enjoyed each other.



But today back on earth quake relief track.  Tomorrow is my first event to help send relief to all the suffering animals at the coast who are in desperate need as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment