Thursday 3 December 2015

Really Cameron

Unsurprisingly but still disappointingly the UK has began their air strikes against Syria today, I cannot help feel like we have been here before.  We helped the Taliban become a powerful group in 2001 rather than just fading away as they would have and here we go again helping ISIS become more and more powerful.   Furthermore, every war against this terrorist evil that we have participated in this century has ended pretty disastrously for those countries (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan) I am not a world politics person, and do not claim to be as well read and versed in politics as the people making decisions.  But I do have some common sense and it just shocks and saddens me to hear the 'make Britain safer', 'protect us from the terrorist threat' bull shit rhetoric. Sadly, I really believe if anything these bombings will do the opposite.  Another feather in Cameron's hat.
In other news, I was pretty happy to see Oscar's verdict upgraded to murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment