Wednesday 9 December 2015

Cross Cultural

I have this colleague who pretty much begs me every time I see her to re-think my marriage.  Nothing to do with Luis, in fact I do not think she has even met him.  She is from Ecuador and her husband is British and she just thinks marriage is hard enough without the different cultures.  I must say it is getting a bit tiring as it is happening and she should be slightly more supportive. But I do get her point, I do think relationships between different cultures can be very hard and sometimes end in disaster, but lets be honest at least half of relationships do anyways.  Either way we do pretty well, I have a few cultures balancing me out and his amazing English and close family ties definitely helps.  But of course we do have our moments where we misunderstand each other or get our wires crossed.  And it was so funny as I just bumped into said lady yesterday with her same mantra and then last night we had a funny little misunderstanding.
Luis cooked dinner and was making pesto pasta with veggies and shrimp, before deciding on that I threw in maybe teriyaki instead as we also had Asian noodles. When I came down for dinner, he had made pesto/teriyaki veggie shrimp pasta, as he understood that was what I wanted from our conversation.  A different combination for sure, but was still yummy and really Japanese food and Italian food is delicious so why not combine the two!
Look how much we polished off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment