Sunday 6 December 2015

La Luna, Fuya Fuya

This weekend marked my second year of Quito Days and once again I escaped from the city and the celebrations.  To be fair the celebrations are apparently not what they use to be.  It use to be a weekend of street parties, food stalls and major events.  But ever since they banned the bull fight (which I think may have kicked off the celebrations) the city has calmed down.  There are still events but from what I gather just not the same and as it is loads of fireworks (and I despise them)  I like to escape.  The school shut down half day on Friday in honour of the weekend so a few of us ladies headed to La Luna, Otavalo.  We arrived, had a mini hike, some dinner and really were all asleep by half eight.  I think exhausted from what seemed a particularly long week.  Sunday we climbed up Fuya Fuya, a hike that I have done a couple other times and then did a little market shopping before returning to Quito.




My second time at La Luna I was slightly less impressed.  I think it is a pretty spot, and it definitely is cheap ($15 including breakfast), but it is also completely over rated to me.  I think that might because I keep hearing how fabulous it is so I keep bigging it up.  Also maybe because it is fairly cold and the rooms are cold too.  However, it is a short drive to the mountain hike and has some beautiful hikes around it.  Half of our party stayed for a second night (I think this is too much) and the other half raced back to the Griswald Christmas party.

No comments:

Post a Comment