Monday 30 July 2012

Swiss vs German Shopping

There is no getting around the fact that Switzerland is expensive and that if I did not live on the border of Germany and France it would be even worse.  I do all my shopping in Germany and have told people how much cheaper it is but I am not sure everyone quite understands to what extent.  Today I went food shopping in Germany, and when I returned I realised I forgot a couple of items so thought I would just nip to the Swiss store across the road.  The Swiss shopping bill was 5 Francs (3 pounds, 5 dollars) more expensive, and the shops are 5 minute drive a part..
30 Francs: prawns, fresh fish, frozen fish, 5 cucumbers, peppers, lettuce, carrots, eggs, radish's, prunes, basil plant, 3 pots cottage cheese, 3 jars pasta sauce, 4 cans tuna, courgettes, green onions, flowers

35 Francs: 2 yoghurt's, coriander, radish's, lentils, veggie hot dogs, capers

No comments:

Post a Comment