Thursday 5 July 2012

Day Three - Lanzarote

Day three was my rest and recoup day, so I thought it was a good opportunity to explore the place. And what an amazing place, what is great is it can really be a British seaside holiday only



with sunshine and warmth.



Almost all the restaurants on the strip serve all British food and drink (and some owners have been here 20 years and still only speak English, brilliantly patriotic I think..).



You even know what football team your neighbours support, even out of football season.



But as wonderful as this is, I thought I would be crazy and try and see some local stuff. Above is a lovely little fishing harbour I found.



And as delicious as baked beans are, I thought it might be nice to try something that may have come from one of those boats.


And then I finished the night with Spanish wine and tapas in a local restaurant with the surfing crew. It was a very yummy authentic meal with not a piece of battered cod, baked bean or other tourist in sight (the local way is definitely the way forward).

No comments:

Post a Comment