Monday 30 July 2012

Resolution #2

On the first day of every year, I make a list of ten positive things I would like to achieve in that year.  This year, I am on track to complete almost all (I will certainly miss one!), and yesterday my package arrived that would help me achieve resolution #2 which has become summer goal #3.
This is going to be tough, as learning German in Switzerland is like learning German in Greece (except hotter there).  Apparently Swiss German is very different.  As an example, recently my German flatmate, Suzanna, was in a waiting room with just one other Swiss girl for two hours.  As much as they tried they could not communicate at all, as the girl did not know High German and Suzanna does not speak Swiss German.  Luckily I live with Suzanna, whom I am hoping will help me along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment