Saturday 10 March 2018

BISP 'Fun' Hour Run

Not sure how they ever put 'run' and 'fun' in the same sentence, I can see 'pain' and 'run' but just don't get the fun. This year was particularly painful, the course tougher, the sun hotter and well I was in much better shape last year.  I have woken up this morning barely able to walk!  I have definitely learnt that stretching is crucial (which I did not do) and maybe training even a little before an event a good idea.  But I got my medal and that made me happy and also had an excuse to go out for an extra yummy dinner.


 Before the run, when I could still stand on both my legs without feeling like I might fall over at any second.
 First they had the family mile run, I think next year I may borrow a child as this seems much more up my street.
 Luis finishing
 Me and amazing Sara who ran rings around me.

A nice dinner out with Sara and Richard.  Altogether a great way to spend our Saturday even if it means I can't get out of bed today!

No comments:

Post a Comment