Friday 4 August 2017

Memories

After a 44 hour, four stop flight I finally landed into Toronto airport late Wednesday night.  It was a long flight but worth every minute to see my wonderful father.  We have our time together all mapped out, each day with an activity, nothing big but each one special as it is Daddy-Daughter time.  So far we have just been hanging out at home, enjoying our time together and catching up.  It has been great.
This afternoon I spent some time walking around what is one of the most beautiful properties around.  When I look long and hard enough around the property it comes alive.  Memories come flooding back, all of the sudden there are twenty people at one of the summer parties trying to get involved in a volleyball game, Mum is giving out her prizes, and all the kids are enjoying the pool.  It is an over whelming feeling, but a nice one.  I feel so lucky to be here and realise how lucky I was to be raised here.
 The big meadow, in the winter we use to ski and go sledging here.
 The volleyball court was down here, along with horse shoes and baseball
The pool and back yard.
The pictures of me and Dad are coming soon.  To be honest I have just been lazing around in comfy clothes that are just not blog appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment