Saturday 12 August 2017

What a Great Holiday

Leaving my Dad is never easy, I guess this is the price to pay when you have the world's greatest father, and this time is no different.  We had such a great time together, with our daily walks, movies, and especially chats.  In fact, we did not really leave the house, except for  the odd food pick up.  But really there was no need, the property is just so beautiful and it is just so nice to be there.
I also was able to see the fabulous five and I know how much they mean to Dad as well.  On Friday night Tracy and Amy joined us for dinner and today Jen and Brad for lunch.  They really are the kindest most generous people I know and feel so lucky that they are in our lives.
 The girls last night.
 Me, Dad and Jen
 As it was my last day we had two walks, one in the meadow which just looks so lovely.  Unfortunately the gigantic mosquitos make it fairly difficult to stay out there too long though.


I am now sitting in the departure lounge in Toronto airport, trying to keep it together, I am a bit of a crier really and once I start it is hard to stop.  I just had such a lovely time and wish I could have stayed a little longer.  But I will be back soon and next time with the other man in my life, whom I miss terribly.
Well time to board, and although sad to leave I do miss my L's and looking forward to seeing them both in 42 short hours... 

No comments:

Post a Comment