Monday 7 August 2017

Maria and Doug

Yesterday we were lucky enough to host Maria and her fiance Doug, to a sunny brunch on the back patio.  Maria, was one of the first people featured on my blog 6 years ago, one of the very first people I met at my first job in Basel.  I vividly remember being taken to her flat for introductions as we were both starting at the school that summer.  I walked in to see this drop dead gorgeous Romanian women and thought 'damn I hope she is not single!'.  She was, and really it did not matter as that was trivial single girl thinking, either way I feel in love with her immediately and she has been a great friend ever since.  And just by pure chance the two times I have been in Canada this year so has she. Doug's family lives very close to my Dad and therefore it has been easy for us to meet up.  It is definitely a small world!
 Me and Maria


Dad was totally in his element, he told loads of stories I have never heard before and was in great spirits.  We heard all about hitch hiking through Europe and his Dad the spy.  For the rest of the evening all he talked about was how lovely and interesting they were!
 After they left we had an afternoon walk.  It was much warmer on the patio which is such a sun trap but there was five minutes during the walk that the sun was super bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment