Sunday 5 March 2017

SEAMAC Competition

I survived my time in Jakarta, or more accurately the SEAMAC Maths competition.  It was certainly a long four days and has made Monday morning even more tiring then it already is.  But it was worth it, I got to know a new set of kids, who I liked very much, I met some new teachers and saw how the competitions run.  This one was a little disorganised, but it was the largest ever with 350 students and 40 schools (but not really an excuse, just needed a bit more careful planning).  The last night there was a Gala Dinner awards ceremony.  It was nice to see all the kids dressed up and excited about Mathematics.
 The girls of the group

 My head of department, Tim
 Set, one of my favourite games from childhood.  I bought it just before Christmas and the kids loved it.  We played loads and I was pretty happy to win most of the time!  Although, I am sure with a little more practice they will destroy me.
 Our medal winners
A nice experience, but happy to be back at home, out of the traffic and with my L's.

No comments:

Post a Comment