Friday 3 March 2017

Jakarta

I am not sure this is an overly fair name for this post.  Yes, I am in Jakarta but only technically, as over my three days here I will see two places 1) my hotel 2) the British School of Jakarta.  And although they are both lovely places, I am not sure a true reflection of the city I am in.  
I am here for a two day Maths competition with some of our best students.  Over two days they compete in many different rounds against thirty other schools.  Today was day one, it was definitely long but also a great learning curve for me as I have never been to one before.  Great guest speakers and fun competitions.  The kids were so nervous and so much smarter than probably every teacher there (well me for sure!).
 The kids were shaking they were so stressed.
 This is our great team!

 Sushi desserts
 Nice school, but would have liked to see one another thing in Jakarta!

A great first day.  Tomorrow is another full day of events and then a gala prize giving ball!  Should be pretty exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment