Tuesday 14 March 2017

Phang Nga Bay Day Out

You may or may not remember that I visited Phuket a few years ago. Sadly many of my pictures of this trip were annoyingly deleted by google but I guess now living here I have a chance to take some similar ones.  On Sunday we decided to visit Phang Nga Bay (home of James Bond Island) meant to be one of the jewels of Southern Thailand.  When I came before I visited the bay and James Bond island and was not overly impressed. I was on one of those tours where you feel a bit like a herd of cattle.  All piled on a ferry of sorts and taken to loads of different spots to capture the same picture that millions of people before you will have taken and after you will take.  I thought that this may have tainted my impression of the place.  But second time around, although I think it is a lovely spot with very impressive formations in the water, I do think there are far more beautiful places in the South. 





We did rent our own private long tail for a three hour tour.  First stop was this fabulous cave and we were the only ones there.


We then drove by James Bond Island, totally not worth stopping there with the million other people.
And fond our own spot to swim and eat.
The funniest bit is the guide tried to take us back back after only two hours as we only really wanted to drive around the islands and his boat broke down.  I was so happy as we just got to sit in the sun and relax.  
After an hour, so hour three of our tour we got a tow back so in fact our tour was the right amount of time.  It was a great day out, but still I am not sure it is the best place we have been so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment