Friday 17 March 2017

BISP International Day

This is my third International school and now my third type of International Day.  I think Basel will be forever hard to beat, mainly as it is a whole day event of food and drinks from all around the world (clearly the drink helps) and we had heaps of different nationalities.  But here comes a close second, the kids and staff all dressed up in amazing costumes and were just so into celebrating the day.  
 In the morning everyone had to line up with their country wearing colours or traditional dress. Many kids chose more than one country to represent, or chose a different country from last year as born in a different place as to one or both of their parents.  I liked this whole attitude of not having to be 'from somewhere', most people there have been built up from several different cultures and backgrounds.

The Swedes, always some of my favourite people.
 There was a British food stall, which is not real surprise being a British school!
 And do miss all my Basel peeps, so like seeing the Swiss
 Loved some of get ups.
 And of course the kiddies were adorable.



 I went with Ecuador as well we had matching shirts and I like matching shirts!



Lots of good food (which I could not enjoy due to a horrible tooth ache!), Luis loved this part and filled up on food from every stall.  Russian was one of his favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment