Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas Eve 2016

It is so lovely to be in Canada for Christmas for the first time in fourteen years. It has actually been fairly emotional, which will not seem strange for close friends as I am slightly emotional anyways.  But it does bring back loads of memories and things I have not thought about in years.  In a nice way.  I also have the fabulous five here, the most special group of friends that I have ever been witness too and thankfully part of.  Over twenty-five years we have been the best of friends and now to spend time with all their wonderful kids is just so special.  Most of all though I have my wonderful Dad here.  I just do not think there are words that can describe how special and dear he is to me and pretty much everyone that comes into contact with him.
Anyways, enough sappy stuff, tomorrow is Christmas and I am sure I will have plenty more to say about that!
Today we had an amazing day, first we met Maria and Doug in Milton for breakfast.  Maria featured almost daily in my Basel blog posts and has a wonderful partner now from neighbouring town Milton.  She is such an amazing women who always makes me smile and it was wonderful to see her at this time. It is a small world.
Later today we went to Amy and Ryan's for sledging and Christmas Eve drinks and chilli.   I just feel so blessed to have the friends that I do, I wish we were here longer and as always will miss them terribly when we go.







I try not to take things for granted.  Today before I hit the hay in hopes of Father Christmas visiting tonight, I want to say how thankful I am for family,my husband,  the fabulous five and the other special friends I have across the world.  Happy Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment