Sunday 22 May 2016

Laid to Rest

Friday we laid Uncle Tono to rest, it was a beautiful and moving service. Craig (his son, my cousin) did an amazing job with the Eulogy, capturing the man that he was.  The minister, Wes Hall, was also fantastic having been a close friend of Uncle Tono.  Afterwards there was a memorial/wake/celebration of his life held at his cricket club, you just know he was looking down full of happiness.
Uncle Tono was always going to get the last laugh, on the way to the funeral broke down.  
Program, designed by Craig.
 Giselle, my new best friend forever (well so I have told her), she is Natalie's best friend and did SO MUCH for the family at this time and well all the time.  She is just the best ever.
 My fabulous sister, so glad we were both there and just cannot wait for the day when we live a little closer!
 Fabian, him and Kerri are also super stars and I am super lucky to have them in my life.
 At first I have to admit I was a bit put out not to be given head usher, but Hammid was the best usher ever and did a great job letting us know who to sit where.
I love my little rock.  I love that all generations were out, Uncle Tono and Aunty Jillian's friends, Natalie's friends and the kids friends (which also happen to be Natalies friends kids).  This is Jodi with Giselle's daughter and another long time friend of Nat's, Mandy's daughter.  Just an amazing place.  It was a great and sad day, we were all far from ready to say good bye but when the time came we did him proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment