Tuesday 31 May 2016

Family Sunday's Sold

I do not think it was too long before I came that the government put a ban on Sunday sales of booze, not just in the shops but also bars had to close (you could have a drink if you went out for a meal).  The reason given, is so that people spend more time with their families and not out drinking.  And apparently it worked, people did drink less, accidents were down and family time on the up.  Every time I forgot and went to the supermarket on a Sunday I was so sad to see the red ribbon up blocking me from my beloved white wine. Well all that changed this Sunday when the ribbons were down, it is funny when a government finds themselves severally in debt how quickly they forget about family Sundays.
But hey I am not complaining! It meant instead of some bubbly water with dinner I could have that not needed one bit glass of white wine.  To be fair I did drink it with my two L's.

No comments:

Post a Comment