Wednesday 25 May 2016

Algebra Game

If you read this blog you will know that I am clearly not a traditional mathematics teacher. I teach Maths largely using Madonna and Lola facts, we play loads of games, exercise and dance during the lesson and I aim to make it a little fun. I know I still have loads of room for improvement and that I can work on making my teaching a bit more real life based (although Madonna being fabulous is real life). But also I know it actually does not take much effort to make a class a little more exciting. While I was away I gave my grade 6's the task of making an Algebra game, nothing too exciting, clearly been done before. The end result was amazing, their games were super clever and the amount of effort they put in was tremendous. Not to mention the learning, they made the games challenging which meant they needed to research how to solve challenging questions. And the best part, I do not even think they knew how much they gained from it, they just had fun creating them.















Brilliant game, based on winning medals. She had loads of fun elements, I was so impressed.

















A game based on monopoly with a technology element, great!

















A game built on the computer, I could never ever do this, brilliant.

















Now this one was properly amazing and they were so proud. The attention to detail was amazing.

















Her questions were between grade 6 and 10 level and she could answer all. I could believe how above and beyond she went.

Altogether a morning full of excited, proud students and an even prouder teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment