Monday 16 November 2015

Birthday and Roast

In my attempts to save money, for the event that seems to look more and more expensive each day (wedding), I am trying to see how little money I can spend.  I must say in November I have done very well, spending very little cash.  This weekend was no exception.  Friday we had a happy hour provided by work, Saturday I attended a friends child's birthday party and Sunday I pretty much cooked all day.  I have promised Luis a Sunday roast for ages, and actually cannot quite believe I have not had one since moving here, some of my favourite days in UK and Basel.  Well I should have done it sooner, it was a huge success and Luis loved it.  He thought the Yorkshire puddings were fabulous and I must say my Jamie roast veggies and gravy were brilliant.  It is a bit of a put off to do another though, after three hours of cooking resulted in 15-20 minutes of eating.


 beginning of my Roast dinner
Oh and how could I forget, we baby sat River yesterday afternoon. We had a nice walk and some play time in the park.  What a good baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment