Sunday 8 November 2015

My Weather Addiction

I am totally addicted to weather and weather forecasts.  I am also totally affected by weather, it really can have dramatic effects on my mood and humour on any given day.  And to torture myself, I do check the weather of every place I have ever lived on a daily basis (now this is clearly a no win situation as only once or twice a year am I better off then Barbados).  For instance I know that Basel is having some crazy heat wave and it was 25 degrees yesterday, in November!  This was particularly painful as yesterday was the coldest rainiest day I have seen here for a very long time.   You could never imagine that I live a few km's away from the equator on days like yesterday.   I saw locals wearing wooly hats, scarves and big winter coats, this may have seemed a bit over dramatic to some of the other immigrants here in Quito, but boy did I wish I had mine with me.  And today I have woken up to a beautiful, stunning day where it is clear that the equator is just around the corner.  I wish I had taken photos to show the contrast, but anyways you will have to suffer through my pretty ones instead.


 These days are definitely less common this time of year, so I plan to take full advantage.  Me and Lola already had a long walk in the park and suspect we will have another one in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment