Friday 1 August 2014

Swiss Day Eve

Today is Lola's most hated day of the year, Swiss Day, in fact as I write this she is cowering and panting in her kennel with the fire works going on all around us. And it is not just today, probably all weekend, all day, all night, just brilliant. The festivities and the pain for Lola all started last night, as the celebrations kicked off with a huge party and firework show on the river last night.
Before I headed to the river I had a lovely lunch at Becci and Marks. This also means I was lucky enough to see Erin for lunch two days in a row :)  Becci made a yummy yummy veggie lunch for us. It was great to catch up.  Then me, Pia and Chris headed to the river, to a friends birthday BBQ and to enjoy the atmosphere.
We had front row seats to the party action  and the fireworks show. Which I must say I despise, I do not care if they are beautiful, I think they are selfish and cruel. All the birds were in a panic, Lola is near heart attack hiding somewhere in my flat, and I know other animals are also terrified of them. I truly despise them (you need to see Lola to totally understand).

No comments:

Post a Comment