Tuesday 29 July 2014

Process of Leaving

I never remember it being difficult to leave Canada, Barbados or England, emotionally yes, but not procedural wise. Leaving Switzerland is a whole different ball game. Yesterday and today I had a load of tasks to complete, and every time I started doing one it just added more tasks. Trying to sort out final payments has been a nightmare, no one seems to want to bill me and due to the operation insurance is a disaster to sort out. I woke up to a rainy day and was immediately grumpy thinking about the day a head (how I wish I knew German, my fault, but still) but then this evening things started to look up. This wonderful man can to buy my car, which was my biggest worry, and was so lovely letting me keep it till next week as he knew it would be difficult to move with out. He even insisted on paying me up front, it just made everything seem so much better as I was sure this process would cause me the most grief.

The flat is looking empty empty. The walls are bare (not all floors yet) and with no Suzanne it is pretty lonely (Lola is completely depressed). It is a weird feeling, cannot believe in two weeks we will be starting out on a whole new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment