Wednesday 27 August 2014

Quito Facts

So these are facts (fact might be wrong word, possibly tips better) that I have found so far to be important and possibly no one else in the world will find them useful, but hey ho it is my blog.

1) False Weather forecasts. I have been checking the weather here since November and every day it predicts something similar to this:

If I was looking to go on holiday, I would never come here based on the forecast. But I can assure you I have yet to see rain (apparently been a long while) and during the day it is sunny and warm.

2) Dry Sundays. If you ignore this weather app, listen to me and do visit, the next tip is crucial. No booze sold on Sundays in supermarkets, potential disaster if unprepared like me and Karen were our first Sunday. Stock up on Saturday and avoid this devastating.

3) Carnival coins. Apparently, sometime ago the US made dollar coins, much like pound coins, the looney, the Euro and Franc. However, unlike the mentioned currencies, the US dollar coins never took off (I think possibly as they look like carnival coins), anyways they have ended up here. So if you get these in change do not dismiss them, one can be a short taxi ride.



4) Altitude Adjustment. This one got me. I assumed it happened in the first few days, not always the case. Karen and myself thought we were super stars exercising immediately. It is only now, ten days on I have learnt that sometimes it can get you later. Whoopsie.

Sure more to follow, but this is what I have found to be the most important tips/facts so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment