Monday 18 August 2014

First Impressions of Quito

It is huge, I never imagined it to be so big, it will take some getting use to for sure. The first thing that really struck me was the weather, all the weather channels said it was raining most days and cool (due to the altitude almost 3000 meters), well it was been warm/hot and sunny very day. It certainly cools down when the sun goes down and cool in the morning but I think I can handle that. The next thing is how safe I feel (do not worry Dad still being very very careful) and also how clean the neighbourhood around me is (was told it was not). The people seem very very friendly and always smiling at me and Lola. In fact the park behind my house is amazing, beautiful views and even an agility course for Lola. It is going to take some getting use to and I am going to need to learn Spanish but so far it seems like a great city.



So a good start, and the people I am working with seem great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment