Thursday 7 August 2014

My New Address

So I imagine some of my organised friends would be thinking they need to get a pen and paper so they know where to send the odd Christmas or birthday card, these friends will not be happy with my news. My friends, who are more like me and totally unorganised will be relieved as now they do not need to feel guilty when they forget to send said cards. Yesterday in trying to organise one million things, I emailed the old tenants of my new flat to find out address to forward mail. The response: 'Dear Amanda, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but someone has to tell you. You have no address, you have no mail. In order to get any mail you must DHL or fed ex it to the school. And nothing valuable as you will not get it.' Brilliant! Also makes an already tricky process of leaving Basel much trickier. Oh well, I wonder what other surprises await me next week! Luckily I had a birthday party to attend in order to whine and complain at.
I love that in Basel we always seem to celebrate at a minimum two birthday celebrations, will miss that too (especially as will get no cards!).

No comments:

Post a Comment