Wednesday 21 December 2011

So Proud (and nope this one is not about Jodi!)

Everytime I drive or walk by this outlet I smile a little proud smile.  Okay, I have to admit that when I was a child there was no sight that made me happier than the sight of the golden arches.  I remember begging to go in for that happy meal followed by a caramel sundae.  But as an adult (although I do not often like to refer to myself as this ;) ), I think I have stepped foot in the place only a few times and almost all has been to go for a wee.  I discovered that this massive world wide corporation was one that I did not want to support, for several reasons other than the simple fact that it is just not very good for you.   Well Bajans must have decided a simliar thing for when it opened here, after a bit of fanfare McDonalds pulled out after just six months.  Making it one of the few places in the world to go bust.  So for all of you who have not been here and may one day make it, if you are despererate to find those golden arches you just may find yourself purchasing a vehicle instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment