Friday 21 June 2019

Soi Dogs

Before I start this blog, I must eat some words about yesterdays blog.  After being a little negative and critical about my job and teenagers I ended up getting wonderful and thoughtful thank you cards and gifts that just made it all worth while again!
Today we had the last morning at school, no kids, just the teachers wrapping up everything for the summer (or in my case ten months!).  After which Luis had planned a special day for me before I leave tomorrow.  In the afternoon we went to Soi Dogs, which I should have gotten to before now.  Soi dogs opened 15 years ago, saving dogs in Thailand from being shipped to Vietnam as food.  Since then, the foundation has pretty much eradicated the business in Thailand (and currently working on stopping the industry in Vietnam).  They also vaccinate and spay and neuter dogs throughout the country.  When they came to Phuket there was 70, 000 Soi dogs (street dogs) and now there is 7000.





 Luis cannot come here on his own, we would definitely end up with many many dogs!



 I loved this one.  They really do a fantastic job and we hope to work more with this foundation or the government pound here once we get back.

Luis then orgnaised a fabulous beach picnic but as the weather looked dodgy we moved it to poolside and then of course the weather was perfect!! But a great spread put on with wonderful friends.  A lovely end to the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment