Wednesday 19 June 2019

Last Day for 10 Months!

I am not saying that maternity leave is a good reason to have a baby, but I must say it is a HUGE plus.  I think I am ready for some time off to reflect upon teaching,  is it  something I want to do for much longer? and if so in what capacity? There are times I do love my job, but many times that I want to bang my head against a wall in frustration.  So I think a break will be helpful.
What would actually be a dream come true is if I somehow found away to finally fall into the career I was born to do during this leave, social event planner extraordinaire.  Either way I am excited for what the next year holds for me and our expanding family.
Part of my frustration is the lack of appreciation that I feel many times.  I know this is true in many jobs, having not always been a teacher.  But teenagers can be particularly poor at expressing gratitude.  Not that I totally blame them, I was once a teenager and know there are far more important things going on (like who is dating who and what party is happening over the weekend).  It is just the odd 'have a nice summer' or 'thanks for all those extra hours you put in to help me finish my project' that would be nice.  But then a group can surprise you and almost reduce you to tears.  I love my Year 12's and they came in with cards and cakes yesterday to say good bye, good luck and thank you.  They have no idea how much I needed that and how much I do love them!
Let the summer begin!!  4 more hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment