Sunday 23 June 2019

Goodbye and UK

This is the first time I have been left behind since my travels have begun.  When I left Canada for Barbados, or Barbados for UK, UK for Switzerland and Switzerland to Ecuador I was really the only one who was leaving at that moment (Ecuador to Thailand was different as so many of us left together with a stop off for our wedding).   But this year I have had to say good bye to some fantastic friends and going back to Thailand after the summer will seem so different without them there.
Yesterday was a particularly difficult one as over the years I have really felt like I have become a little bit part of the Lawson family.  I am very thankful for applications like messenger as I am really not sure how I will get through daily life without Lizzie.  I will miss them all so much, our get togethers, Vegan cooking, and dancing.  I have seen all of the kids grow and change so much in the last three years and will miss watching the journey continue.  I know they will be amazing in whatever they do and that Sheffield will be a great new adventure.





 We had a great breakfast on Saturday to end our Phuket times together.  I know it is not really a good bye, more of a will see you later.  But until then I will miss them terribly.

The day did not get easier with farewells, as I had to say goodbye to all my animals for two months and Luis for two weeks.  Prim is pretty much ready to move in and I honestly do not know how she will cope without me for two months, I am super worried about it.  Lola, has some people coming to look after her and although I will miss her terribly I am excited for the first time in years that she has been given a fit bill of health from the vets.  Me and baby bump will miss Luis as well, and will do as much as we can to get ready for birth before he arrives in the UK.  I arrived yesterday to wonderful Marlow and now it seems really real!  

No comments:

Post a Comment