Wednesday 9 May 2018

Ella

As a teacher, especially in an International school, I often think am I actually making any difference at all.  I feel guilty about teaching in a private school and need reminding that in fact everyone deserves a teacher that cares.  Anyways, this a self promotion post and just a little to remind me that sometimes a student does remember me fondly.
I taught Ella five years ago in Basel, she was a fun student, not a big fan of Mathematics.  I have not heard from her since leaving Basel and then randomly I got this message today:

Hey Amanda (or Miss Garwood?  I feel a bit strange saying that now..)
so i don't usually pay much attention to these Facebook notifications, but for some reason i saw this this morning and the first thing I thought of was you. i just wanted to thank you for being the most AMAZING maths teacher, and somehow getting me to actually enjoy it as well. even though i'm nowhere near doing anything math related at the moment, i'm super happy where i am right now and i think you at least deserve some credit for it. i hope you're doing fantastic and i love seeing your updates on my feed every now and then, it's so good to see you happy! hop you have a fabulous day :)

The picture below was of what looks like dancing teachers.  I have been in a super foul mood the last few days so and this just meant the world.  I feel so much happier and glad that at the very least one of students remembers me fondly!


No comments:

Post a Comment