Friday 18 May 2018

Class of 2018

I have mentioned them once or twice on here, my wonderful diploma classes.  For the past two years I have been lucky enough to teach these students, and just love them all.  Last night I invited them all to dinner at one of my favourite Mexicans.  Just over half could come, as it is a hard time of year with their graduation tomorrow but it was the only date we could do it.  I just had the best time with them!  They are a special group and I miss teaching all of them.


                    
This is me reading the poem that I wrote for them, I think I have a back up career as card writer... 

               You walked in my room and I tried to look mean,
I could see on your faces you weren’t very keen,
I promised you that you would love maths,
I imagine most of you wanted to laugh,
But I knew something you did not know,
I knew you were brilliant from the minute go,
We worked hard on logic, functions and stats,
But what I really enjoyed was our little chats,
I loved keeping up on the young people trends,
And all the gossip about  you and your friends,
You have been my favourite class ever,
And not just because you are super clever,
I am so proud of all of you for who you are,
Please stay in touch even if far,
Work hard, play harder and always be kind,
Keep happy and healthy both body and mind,
The next years are your time to shine,
And let’s meet again for a glass of wine!






I am so excited for all of them, they have so much a head of them and they will do so much.   It really was one of the best nights I have had in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment