Saturday 21 October 2017

Rest and Relaxation

Out of the hospital now and on the mend both mentally and physically.  I cannot begin to express in how many ways this experience has changed me.  I went back and forth about posting why I had an operation and then after the amount of women that poured their souls out to me, I thought that actually it is important that I do.  Maybe just for my own heeling process.  On Tuesday I found out the pregnancy (that I had not announced yet) was ectopic and therefore not viable.  This of course was devastating news to both me and Luis, our families and close friends but it also felt like a fairly lonely spot to be in.  However, I was quick to learn that this is not the case.  The amount of women that I know, sort of know, met once or twice who have shared their story with me is amazing.  The most common theme is that they felt very lonely with no one to talk to about it. Why is it that society makes women feel like they need to keep these events bottled up, especially when it is so common and sharing experiences could help themselves or others?  I am not sure of the answer to this, but it should not be this way (of course, if someone wishes to keep it private that is one thing but people should not suffer in silence).
Anyways, I have decided not to suffer in silence.

Besides the obvious reason for being upset about this situation, I am also now unable to fly to see my father, meet my niece and see my sister and brother in law.  I will be going there at Christmas but was so looking forward to the next ten days with them.  Luckily they are still only a phone call away and I will try to speak to them as much as I can as always.

Okay, well, the good news is I am out of hospital and my two L's have taken me off the island for some much needed rest and relaxation.  There is no doubt that I am one extremely lucky lady, I have been showered with love this week and now have time away with Luis and Lola.  We have come to our favourite place and spent a day looking for crabs, reading, and resting.  Just what the doctor ordered.

 On our way on a beautiful day.

 I think Lola did this just to cheer me up.

 A detox delicious ginger and pineapple drinks
Relaxing on the beach, there is nothing better for my soul then this.  So happy to be here with my L's.

No comments:

Post a Comment