Saturday 14 October 2017

Long Rainy Weekend

This is possibly the only long weekend where I have gone away and not been bothered one bit that it poured with rain the entire time.  The places we stayed were so nice that I was quite happy to chill and not worry with the weather.  On Thursday night we stayed in a hotel in Kata, South of the island and then Friday we drove off the island to a place about an hour and a half North of Phuket, Khao Lak.
 The place we stayed in Kata, I had won at a charity event back in March.  It was a lovely hotel, with the best pillows I have ever slept on (I kinda wished I had brought my own pillows and made a switch, how awful!).  I also cashed in one of my Christmas presents, dinner at a place called Kata Rocks.

 Luis had birthday cake number three, quite the wife he has I would say..
 So Kata Rocks, is meant to be one of the nicest restaurants on the island.. Nope, it was quite horrible, especially for the price.  So we will stick to our non posh favourites and never again spend a crazy amount on food (not crazy in other places, but for Phuket, yes).
 Then we drove North, picking up Lola Cola on route to what is now our favourite place ever.  The place we stayed in Kata was about seven times the price (had we paid for it), and not even on the beach.  The place I found in Khao Lak, was just amazing at $30 a night.  The restaurant food was amazing, about one tenth the price of Kata Rocks and about ten times the quality.  

 Even in the rain we enjoyed the huge empty beach.  It went on for miles and miles with no other hostel/hotels in sight.
This was our little home.  Huge patio, kitchen, lovely room, downstairs seating, the value for money was ridiculous, we will definitely be back.  We then came home to a home theatre night.  It was a pretty perfect weekend despite the monsoon conditions, now hoping for some sun today, as I cannot go to Canada next week with no tan at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment