Tuesday 23 May 2017

The Artist Within

I am now working hard on my list which is keeping me busy and out of trouble.   This week will be my second lesson in finding the artist within.  Deep deep down I must have some artist talent.  My mother was an artist, her sister, my Grandmother, I must have gotten some of these genes!  I have signed up for 30 hours of drawing and sketching lessons.  They are held at a local art gallery in Phuket town and are just fabulous.  The place has such a relaxed feel and we can go in whenever we like for our two hour session.  It is all in Thai, so hoping this will help me work on my current two word Thai language situation.  I just loved our first lesson, next one again on Friday.
 The Studio
 Jacqui who is joining me for the lessons

 First we had to learn to shade.  I loved this exercise, all just so calming.
My first piece of work.  My very first cylinder.  I really enjoyed it and quite excited for the second one.  In other news, uke classes are going well, I am definitely making some serious progression!

No comments:

Post a Comment