Sunday 28 May 2017

Run the Hour

Yesterday I was in my first kinda running race, Run the Hour at school.  You had to run as many km's as you could in one hour.  It was really in preparation for next weekend's proper real life signed up for race.  I did nine km's and ran the entire hour, okay jogged not ran, and a pretty slow jog at that.  But I was so proud of myself, it is by far the longest I have ever jogged for and I think I am ready for next weekend's race (where I only hope to finish without looking too silly).
 This was the first 'Run the Hour' event and it was so well done.  What I liked about it is that we ran around a 1km circuit so everyone was spread out and you did not feel like you were the slowest, even if you were.  The fastest people went around the track 15 times, but they were only 18 not 40! 
 Luis ran the hour too, these were the hottest shirts ever and we definitely wished we had brought our own.  Clearly our first race, as we did not realise that you did not have to wear the shirt, everyone else seemed to know.
 And we are off!


 My very first running medal!  We were so proud of ourselves afterwards, sore but proud.  Another event checked off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment