Thursday 18 May 2017

Taking Control

Five years ago I started investing some money for my later years and I was so proud of myself.  Finally, I was becoming a real life grown up,  my twilight years were going to be fantastic. And then the dream came crashing down when we had a visiting ex-teacher millionaire come to our school.  The first slide in his presentation featured the company that I have been investing in, Generali. This company and about seven other big ones have pretty much been making a lot of money of us International teachers.
Bottom line, today I have surrendered all the money I have invested in them thus far.  Yep, lost it all.  And I cannot even write that figure down on here, as it is very very depressing.  However, all is not lost, this man, Andrew who gave us this devastating news claims all is not lost and I can recoup this money by investing further money properly.  But still very hard to swallow.
But all is not lost, my father sent me a book that I received today and in the next year I am taking control of my financial situation.  By next year I will understand it all and make good sound choices so my twilight years will be spent on a yacht and not a row boat.
I will do nothing until I read and understand this!  Not that I have any money these days anyways!

1 comment: