Sunday 3 July 2016

Closing BBQ - June 29th

I could never ever ever have imagined such a perfect week, the weather was fantastic, the events went better than I could ever have pictured and most importantly all had a good time.  I was so impressed with the tourism in Barbados, people were fantastic and helpful and every one could not say enough of how wonderfully friendly and helpful Bajans are.  It made me very proud.
But the thing that made it the best ever, was the people.  We had around eighty people fly in for the event, it was so moving to look around and see all these people from different parts of our lives in one place.  Ecuador, Nicaragua, America, Canada, Barbados, England, Scotland, Ireland, Jersey, Italy, Sweden, Romania, and Switzerland were all represented, and we all just had a a great time together.  It was very over whelming at times.  
I was so happy Luis's sisters, niece, brother in law, mum and dad could make it as well, as this was not easy for them and much appreciated.  It was great to have my sister, Paddy, Dad and Karen here too, and I know how much effort this took for all.  
My family helped make this the most special day and week ever.  Every part of our wedding was made possible by our family and friends.  They did the decorations, flowers, cake, pictures, put it all together, took it all down, and it had that feel to it, you just knew that a lot of love and effort went into everything.
The last BBQ, many people had left by, but still we had fifty in attendance and again, shockingly I will have to say it was a great night!















End of official wedding week but still loads more things on as people are still on the island until the 4th of July.  Going to be a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment