Tuesday 29 March 2016

5 Airports, 34 Hours and $9

Well due to the strike that cancelled Luis's flight on Thursday and messed up my plans to get home on the weekend, it took us 34 hours and 5 airports to get back from Barbados.  We went from Barbados to New York JFK and then took a bus to La guardia airport where we slept on a floor until the next morning.  But the fun did not end there we then traveled to Houston and waited there for nine hours before finally boarding a pane to Quito.  In all our return flight to and from Barbados took 60 hours when it should have taken about twelve and a half!  I can say I am now fairly experienced in wasting time in an airport and what to look for in a good layover airport.  By far the best one out of all was Toronto, the newest terminal is amazing with comfy places to sleep and free iPads to use with great WiFi.  By far the worst was La guardia, no where to sleep and freezing cold.  Oh, I forgot to mention we only had $9 to spend. So we discovered great priced bagels in La guardia and bought 5 to get us through the rest of our journey.  Houston is by far the most over priced airport, but it does have free WiFi so that was a bonus.  We managed to only have one little disagreement over bagels, but at this time we had been sleeping or lying on the hard floor for hours.  We passed a few wonderful hours playing cards, Luis's national game, and like usual I won.  I wish I had some pictures but of course my phone is still broken. I must say the last leg was not bad as we got to go in first class, of course they had run out of veggie meals but at that point I did not really expect things to go right.

No comments:

Post a Comment